TITLE: Music Minister
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time 10 hours/week (At Will)/Exempt
DIRECT REPORT: Pastor
Under the direction of the Pastor, the Music Minister is responsible for overseeing the music ministry for our community.
- Select/Provide music for our Sunday morning gatherings or other special occasions;
- Manage and recruit volunteers to perform in The Blend (The Barn’s worship band);
- Work with the Pastor to coordinate the music with the series or theme;
- Practice with The Blend on a weekly basis;
- Maintain a song list database;
- Maintain the quality and inventory of the music equipment;
- Unload band and audio visual equipment, set-up sound system and other audio visual equipment, assist tech team, rehearse with The Blend and run sound checks;
- Break-down audio visual and band equipment and store properly;
- Meet with the Pastor on a monthly basis to discuss, evaluate and plan the gatherings and status with The Blend.
- Ability to play a lead instrument (keyboard/piano preferred) and sing lead vocals;
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently;
- Familiarity with current praise worship music and traditional Christian music
- Have a strong work ethic, sense of humor, and a creative spirit;
- Basic computer skills (Apple system preferred);
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license;
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
The Barn offices are smoke-free. The ability to work harmoniously in friendly – but close – quarters is required. Some unusual hours are common.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience and abilities.
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: The Barn Office
682 N Brookside Road
Allentown PA 18106
Deadline for Submission: December 31, 2013